The Dependent Resident Visa in Panama is an immigration option that allows immediate family members of a Panamanian resident (spouse, children under 18, disabled relatives, and dependent parents) to live legally in the country. Children between 18 and 25 years old can be included as dependents if they are pursuing university studies in Panama.
Applicants must provide documents that demonstrate their relationship with the Panamanian resident and comply with all necessary immigration requirements to obtain the visa.
Required Documentation for the Application Process (Requirements)
- The necessary requirements to apply for the Visa de Dependiente de Residente Panameño are:
- Power of attorney and application through a qualified lawyer (notarized).
- 3 passport-sized photos of the applicant.
- Notarized copy of the identity card or passport of the Panamanian resident (with a valid visa).
- Certificate of criminal record of the applicant (apostilled).
- Health certificate issued by a qualified medical professional within the Republic of Panama.
- Certified check for USD $250.00 payable to the National Treasury.
- Certified check for USD $800.00 payable to the National Immigration Service.
- Affidavit of Personal Background Declaration form completed and signed by the applicant.
- Notarized letter of responsibility.
- Proof of relationship (valid for up to 6 months), including any documents that demonstrate a dependent relationship with the Panamanian resident: marriage records, birth certificates, etc.
- Applicants between 18 and 25 years old must provide: proof of enrollment in a university or educational institution on a full-time basis and a sworn statement of single status.
- Proof of economic solvency by the Panamanian resident, which may be demonstrated in the following ways: 1) Income tax return (with a clearance) for a minimum amount of USD $1000.00 per month, plus USD $100.00 per dependent. 2) Current employment letter with salary statement and a copy of the respective work permit. 3) Bank reference with an average balance of no less than 4 medium figures.
The Application Process
The application process for the Visa de Dependiente de Residente Panameño generally follows these steps:
Gather all necessary documentation that demonstrates the dependent relationship with the Panamanian resident, as well as all other required requirements. Complete and submit the application form for the Visa de Dependiente de Residente at the nearest Immigration Office. Make the corresponding application fee payment. Wait for the review and approval of the application. Once the application is approved, receive the Visa de Dependiente de Residente stamped in the passport.
Legal Assistance with PGS
At PGS Legal, we ensure that you meet all the necessary requirements to obtain the Visa de Dependiente de Residente Panameño in a timely and efficient manner, providing high-quality service to our clients.
We work closely and personally to ensure that your needs and requirements are addressed promptly. With our firm, you can be confident that you are receiving the best legal advice and representation possible in your pursuit of residency.
Simplify the process of obtaining your immigration visa with our team of specialized lawyers
Contact us, and we’ll guide you step by step through the process.