The Married to Panamanian National Visa is a visa intended for individuals who have married a Panamanian national and wish to legally reside and work in the country. To obtain this residency, the marriage to the Panamanian national must be proven, and the required documents must be submitted, such as the marriage certificate, criminal record certificate, medical certificate, among others.
Required Documentation for the Application Process (Requirements)
In general terms, the essential documents for applying for this residency are as follows:
- Power of attorney and application processed by a competent lawyer.
- Original passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Notarized photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- Criminal record certificate issued by a competent authority in the applicant’s country of origin (which must be apostilled or authenticated).
- Medical certificate issued by a qualified professional, guaranteeing that the applicant does not suffer from any contagious disease (valid for no more than 3 months).
- Payment in favor of the national treasury (consult the fee).
- 5 passport-sized photographs of the applicant.
- Marriage certificate (valid for no more than 6 months) demonstrating that the applicant has married a Panamanian national.
- Marriages outside Panamanian territory must be properly registered with the Civil Registry.
- Photocopy of the valid national identity card of the spouse (Panamanian national), duly authenticated by the Civil Registry.
- Valid birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born in Panama (if applicable).
According to Panama’s immigration regulations, foreign spouses wishing to obtain the Married to Panamanian National Visa must submit the official documents and undergo a marital interview. This interview aims to confirm that the relationship with the Panamanian spouse is legitimate and not solely for the purpose of obtaining the Married to Panamanian National Visa.
The Application Process
Once all the documents have been gathered and the application has been completed, it must be submitted to the Panamanian immigration authorities for review and approval. Once approved, the Married to Panamanian National Visa will be granted with an initial duration of two years. During this time, the visa holder must demonstrate their presence in the country for a minimum of six months per year. Upon expiration of the visa, it is possible to renew it as long as the requirements established by the immigration authorities are met.
Legal Assistance with PGS
Obtaining a Married to Panamanian National Visa is a process that can be complex and requires careful attention to detail. It is important to understand that while the application process is not necessarily difficult, it is vital that all required documents are submitted in the correct format and that the process is followed accurately. In this regard, it is highly recommended to seek the services of lawyers specialized in this area of immigration law.
At PGS Legal, we will provide support at every stage of the process, from gathering the necessary documents to the submission and monitoring of the application with the immigration authorities. Additionally, we will help you understand the specific requirements of the Married to Panamanian National Visa and stay updated on any changes in related immigration laws, ensuring that your process is completed as expected.
Can permanent residency be obtained in Panama with this visa?
Yes, once the Married to Panamanian National Visa has been obtained, it is possible to apply for permanent residency in Panama. To do so, the applicant must have complied with the immigration requirements during the visa’s validity period (2 years) and demonstrate that they meet the necessary requirements to apply for permanent residency.
Don’t wait any longer, secure your future in Panama with the Married to Panamanian National Visa
Work with our lawyers to obtain the Married to Panamanian National Visa and start your new life here.